ADVENTURE MEET-UP 1…
A personal invitation from M1000 Member #91 Ash Kumar…
Grand Canyon White Water Rafting
Aug 19 – 26, 2011
NOTE! This adventure meet-up is definitely for the physically fit Maverick.
- The descent: We’ll begin our rafting adventure at dawn, hiking 9.7 miles down (approx. 4,500 vertical feet) along the beautiful Bright Angel trail, deep into the Grand Canyon, where we’ll meet the Colorado River’s edge. A (much appreciated) mule will take our gear down.
- Next, we’ll hop into our rafts and head straight into some of the biggest rapids of the upper Granite Gorge—kicking off our week of adventure and breathtaking terrain.
- Throughout the trip, we’ll also hike through incredible side streams and falls, piercing the shadows of the inner gorge. We’ll explore the emerald paradise of Elves Chasm, the 100-foot drop of Deer Creek Falls, the limestone chutes of Matkatamiba Canyon, numerous blue-green pools and numerous waterfalls of Havasu Canyon…and many more adventures.
- We’ll finish our journey by rafting the notorious Lava Falls—North America’s most renowned “big drop.”
- On the final day, we arrive at Whitmore Wash where a helicopter will whisk us away to the North Rim, where we’ll charter back to Las Vegas.
All in all, our trip from Phantom Ranch to the Whitmore Wash section includes the Crystal, Lava and Horn Creek rapids (some of the most difficult rapids in this epic canyon)—not to mention the incredible company and lifelong memories.
Aug 19 – 26, 2011 (7 nights; 8 days)
*Currently, we have one raft on hold for 10-days*
Price: $3,800 per person (Cash or check only)
Deposit: $750 per person upon booking. Balance due 90-days prior
M1000 Member #91
ADVENTURE MEET-UP 2…
A personal invitation from M1000 Member #100 William Lee…
“Best of British Columbia” Adventure
Aug 20 – 28, 2011
A message from William Lee…
This August, I personally invite you to share an experience with me and fellow badass M1000-ers as we travel to British Columbia, Vancouver to participate in a once in a lifetime, private “Best of British Columbia” adventure. Come join me and fellow awesome people on a wild adventure of discovery and connectedness with like-minded individuals—as we leap ahead toward the best year yet in achieving our business, financial and personal goals!
This is my personal “Big Life List” vacation, and we each pay actual costs.
Before you read on, please be advised that this experience is not for the faint of heart.
We’ve planned a 7-day itinerary, to give any adventure-travel seeker the meet-up of a lifetime. You’ll come face-to-face with Orcas (Killer Whales) in the open sea, bald eagles feeding on wild salmon, and experience a seaplane island tour over some of the most stunningly gorgeous terrains I have ever seen. It’s quite possible you may faint from sensory overload. And for those ‘Will-travel-for-food”/ Gastronomical thrill-seekers, I have not forgotten about you! A while back, I had one of THE best culinary experiences in downtown Vancouver, which I have been craving to revisit!
Only FOUR more spots remaining—RSVP by May 31st!
If this “Life List Experience” grabs you, call or e-mail me today to reserve one of the remaining four spots. They will go fast!
Here’s a sample of the itinerary (see below for more details):
- 8/20, Saturday: Arrive Vancouver. (Arranged dinner and sightseeing activities.)
- 8/21, Sunday: Hang out in Vancouver more, or join your fellow adventurers for the morning touring boat at Port McNeill. (Lodging in Port McNeill Sunday night)
- 8/22, Monday: Depart Port McNeill for four days of incredible sea kayaking
- 8/25, Thursday: Return from sea kayaking—rest, showers…great food and drinks.
- 8/26, Friday: Morning fishing charters—OR—grizzly bear watching! Fly out of Port Hardy back to downtown Vancouver and bus to Whistler. (Stay the night in Whistler.)
- 8/27, Saturday: Wake up to Whistler Mountain air, and share breakfast in Whistler Town. Optional activities include hiking, downhill biking, etc. Ride the gondola together and have lunch at Peak to Peak. Head into downtown Vancouver for dinner.
- 8/28, Sunday: Dim Sum brunch—possibly in possibly the BEST dim sum in North America—and then fly back home.
It’s not the venue or the event, it’s all about the company.
Hence, we’re inviting some of the coolest people we’ve met the last two years: Outstanding entrepreneurs and market leaders who are just damn cool to hang out with.
Only FIVE More Spots Available —RSVP by May 31st!
To accommodate our own private group for this sea kayak adventure, the operator can take a maximum of 13 people. (Click here for more information on the 4-day Sea Kayaking adventure)
Aug 20 – 28, 2011 (7 nights; 8 days)
RSVP by May 31st
To hold your spot, your $200 deposit needs to be made for the kayaking portion of the trip by May 31st.
Price: Cost is actual price of trip, and we each pay as we go along. Expect to budget approximately $4,000 for the whole trip, airfare/lodging included.
Contact: William Lee
You can also submit your $200 deposit for the Sea Kayaking portion directly to Nancy Mertz, owner of seakayakadventures.com, at:
Sea Kayak Adventures, Inc.
800-616-1943 or 208-765-3116
Or…contact me with any questions soon!
To Longevity, Outrageous Adventures and Great Fortunes,
William Lee, M1000 Member #100
Want even more details?
Sea Kayak with Orcas & World Class Salmon Fishing
Picture yourself paddling for four days in the sheltered “orca waters” of British Columbia off northern Vancouver Island. Words cannot describe the thrill of watching powerful but gentle orcas, as their their 6-foot dorsal fins pierce the glassy surface of the sea. After sea kayaking, we’ll relax as a charter boat brings us to the best waters for spotting eagles swooping down to catch live salmon right out of the water. Even if fishing is not your “cup of tea,” the spectacular views of Vancouver Island and the surroundings will amaze you…and at night, we’ll feast on some of the FRESHEST baked salmon you’ve ever had, and relax next to a campfire under the stars. We may even see the Northern Lights!
“Best of Johnstone Strait” Boat Tour
A day of boat-based adventure touring after four days of adventurous sea kayaking, to round out our full experience with more sights of killer, humpback and minke whales, Pacific NW wildlife, and natural beauty.
Ultimate Aerial Flight-Seeing
The inner passage is one of the most scenic places on the planet. We’ll arrive and leave by seaplane, before heading back to the city. For those of you who were astounded during our helicopter tour of South Africa FIFA, wait until you see this!
Stomping the City
Spend the first and last full days in downtown Vancouver—a miniature version of NYC but cleaner. For those wanting to stay and play longer, there are cool optional adventures, including hiking Grouse Mountain (“nature’s staircase”), downhill mountain biking in Squamish or Whistler, sightseeing in Whistler Mountain (breathtaking!) and more. I personally plan to stay there for four weeks, pending my schedule.