Maverick1000 is an invitation only, global network of industry transforming entrepreneurs connecting in bold new ways to challenge and collectively support each other’s biggest business goals, engage in reinvigorating experiences and co-create a worldwide multiplier impact.
Members meet periodically throughout the year to connect in bold, new ways to challenge and collectively support each other’s biggest business goals and personal growth, engage in exclusive experiences, and co-create a significant, worldwide multiplier impact (to date raising over $3 million+).
They believe their future is bigger than their past (regardless of what they’ve already achieved).
Maverick1000 was created to intentionally give you the push and support essential to accomplishing something that truly matters.
You can tap into other like-minded peers who really get where you’re going and where you’ve come from.
The right group of kindred spirits is eager to celebrate your wins, challenge you to greater accomplishments, share breakthrough ideas, and reinvigorate you during the natural emotional roller coaster of breaking new ground.
Quite frankly, the bigger the future you are working on creating, the more support, resources, trusted input, connections, and energy renewal you’ll need beyond the “ordinary.”
Who are these Impactful Enterpreneurs?
21st century business leaders who collide at the intersection of bold business initiatives, happiness and greater meaning. At their core they believe in growth, impact and joy…and how each one is interconnected.
“I’m proud to be an honorary Maverick”
| Sir Richard Branson, Virgin Founder
What Maverick Members Say:
Why The 1000?
The big idea is to light 1,000 ‘Suns’ who can each ignite another 1,000 suns.
A sun is a universe creator and responsible for life everywhere. Maverick1000 members are the visionary leaders and exceptional entrepreneurs with the significant reach, influence, voices, and capabilities to create universes. Members are nominated for their accomplishments, reach, influence, and capacity to be a “Sun” and light 1,000 more suns.
We’re looking for 3 categories:
- You already have a big voice, reach or influence in the entrepreneurial community.
- You are a world-class expert.
- You are an industry leader who wants to become a lighthouse back to your industry or even transcend your current business category.
Members meet periodically throughout the year to connect in bold new ways to challenge and collectively support each other’s biggest business goals, engage in exclusive experiences and co-create a significant, worldwide multiplier impact.
Who Exactly Are The Mavericks?
Now, I cannot reveal exactly who is a member but I can share a few examples showcasing members:
(To protect member privacy I’ll just mention them by first name and last initial here.)
Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders:
- Karen W. – Taught tens of thousands of entrepreneurs and companies across the globe how to profitably open up new channels to sell into major retailers like Wal-Mart, Target, etc. without prior experience or existing buyer relationships.
- Garrett G. – multiple NY-Times best-selling author, leader in financial education for entrepreneurs to navigate personal finances and investing without earning more.
- Ryan M. – Top entrepreneurial podcasters and event producers sharing his vision to defend capitalism as the solution to the world’s greatest problems.
- Jonathan & Andrew P. – Brothers who are the marketing and management experts and leaders in the green industry (lawn care, landscaping, etc.)
Exceptional Skills & Capabilities:
- Re P. – Expert in helping emerging entrepreneurs and small businesses achieve rapid growth through
Fortune500 branding best practices. Taking his big agency experience working for clients such as Abbott, GE, Intel, Lilly, Motorola TD Ameritrade and Xerox to translate into what works and what doesn’t today.
- Roger B. – Raised over $100,000,000.00 for charities and cause partners through his direct online fundraising efforts.
- Joey C. – Recognized expert in customer experience design. Clients have included the Aspen Institute, NASA, Network for Good, Hyatt, Zappos and the World Bank.
- Scott M. – Top WordPress theme creator and marketplace sales leader.
- Evan M. – Celebrity expert representing some of the greatest U.S. Olympic athletes in history, rivaling the likes of big talent agencies. Plus today’s current new media stars with significant reach and followings.
- Michael D. – Responsible for 88 consecutive NY-Times best sellers for clients.
- Denise G. – Top Intellectual property, licensing and trademark attorney. Previous experience was noted for filing the most useable patents for a major, top-3 software company.
Global Leaders Across 91+ Different Industries:
- Rich D. – Nation’s leading provider of self-directed IRAs and 401ks, with over 110,000 clients in all 50 states and over $8 Billion dollars of retirement plan assets under management.
- Tracey I. – Named to Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies List and nominated for Canada’s 10 Most Admired Cultures, Tracey and her team have lead the group of companies to more than 500 times growth in the past decade alone.
- Michael B. – A decade long veteran of the cannabis industry. Notable firsts include being one of the first licensed medical cannabis dispensary operators in the US, first 8-figure cap raise in the cannabis industry, largest multi-unit dispensary chain by time of exit in 2009, issuance of first industrial scale nursery permit in the US, and now the current global leader in cannabis manufacturing.
- Diena C. – Largest distributor of Asian wines and liquors in U.S.
- Scott P. – Founder of the premier global real estate investment marketplace through crowdfunding technology.
- John R. – Started his two-bedroom apartment in Wilmington, Del., as a traditional telephone answering service. He grew the company through a series of acquisitions to 24 US- based locations and 650 employees when it was sold to a strategic buyer in June, 2012 for a significantly higher valuation than other comparative companies. During that time he also developed a unique culture initiative that drove turnover from 95% annually to 30% and had a 20X ROI.
- Kevin B. – Advisor and active investor in one of the largest Bitcoin exchanges and digital currency tools across
- Gary N. – eCommerce expert with a conglomerate of site properties in the home improvement space. One of the largest importers of kitchen cabinet and bathroom suppliers online. Featured on over 60 HGTV and DIY network shows.
- John C. – Lead his company to #21 on the INC 500 list. He’s author of an Internationally best-selling book on finance and regularly appears on CNBC, Bloomberg, and Fox Business.
- Chris R. – Exited from nation’s leading vanity toll-free number search firm with thousands of companies and well recognized brands such as 1-800-CONTACTS. Chris beat out giants like AT&T through his industry dominating software he developed.
- Adam S. – One of America’s top physicians and pioneers in the surgical field who also operates a 100,000 doctor buying group.
- Samit G. – Partners with Sir Richard Branson in his 10,00 hectares Kenyan private game preserve and award winning eco lodge. Passionate about creating socially responsible business in Africa that addresses today’s global challenges.
- Scott T. – Founded and led a handful of successful companies across several business sectors, most recently in health care, and has been the recipient of Inc. Magazine’s “500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies” award 8 different times. Other honors include Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award.
This is a small glimpse at the caliber of connections and expertise in the network. But our reach extends to our Maverick 1° Network…
Maverick Contributing Icons
Members receive direct access and insights from relationships with participating Maverick icons such as Virgin founder Sir Richard Branson, adventure sports superstar Tony Hawk, motorcycle mogul Jesse James, renegade VC-investor Morten Lund, hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons, X-Prize creator Dr. Peter Diamandis, Patron Tequila co-founder and billionaire John Paul DeJoria, Zappos.com CEO Tony Hsieh, 4-Hour Workweek author Tim Ferriss, Island Records founder Chris Blackwell, SPANX creator and youngest self-made female billionaire Sara Blakely, and many others.
John Paul Dejoria
Dr. Peter Diamandins
Maverick Retreats and Experiences
Most entrepreneurs don’t realize the extent of their burnout, reduced energy, and creativity that comes from being “always on.” Maverick gives you a reason (and pragmatic ROI) to make time to rebuild, recharge & rejuvenate.
Throughout the year, members are invited to take part in unique events such as 3X Maverick Multiplier Retreats with participating icons, Epic Experiences like journeying to Machu Pichu or flying MiG jets in Russia, Impact trips to build self-sustaining villages in Haiti, family learning opportunities, and even Camp Maverick.
We named the group Maverick1000 because we believe a small group of 1,000 extraordinary individuals and leaders can truly change the world. 10% of Maverick member fees go directly into a joint Impact fund to co-create a significant “ripple” effect. To date, we’ve raised over $3,000,000+ in charitable contributions…but even more powerful is contributing our brainpower, resources, and network to exponentially increase our total impact.
During 3X Retreats and experiences, Maverick members have the opportunity to make a measurable difference with our collective entrepreneurial resources by working with cause partners and/or mentoring new mission-driven startups.
We’ve previously worked on big issues like developing self-sustaining economic engines for villages we built in Haiti, helping develop educational programs for protecting the headwaters of the Amazon, aiding returning vets with entrepreneurial opportunities, and tackling global issues such as the declining bee population, the recent refugee crisis, and many more. What’s more, each year Maverick members are invited to Sir Richard Branson’s private island to brainstorm key projects for Virgin Unite.