Impacting Young Entrepreneurs
by Jake Weatherly, Maverick Biz Dev & Community Commando
- 100 items checked off your Ultimate Big Life List every 3 years
- 1,000 young entrepreneurs (directly or indirectly) impacted
every 3 years
- $1,000,000 added to your bottom line every 3 years through the
insider connections, resources, learning sessions, accountability
and access of the Maverick1000 network.
The Maverick3 Every 3-Years Pledge illustrates our commitment to helping each of you make more money, have more fun and give more back. This month, we’re featuring the “impact” action of our pledge.
Did you know that in partnership with the Village Enterprise Fund (VEF), Maverick provides the seed capital for three micro-businesses each time a new Maverick1000 member joins our community? VEF’s mission is to break the cycle of poverty in East Africa by providing business training, seed capital and ongoing mentoring to rural entrepreneurs to start sustainable small businesses. Since 1987, more than 17,100 businesses have launched—which has significantly improved the standard of living, provided better housing and nutrition, improved health and education for children, and delivered a real sense of hope for hundreds of African communities. The more new Maverick1000 members you refer to our growing community, the more businesses are funded through the VEF!
(Have a Maverick1000 candidate in mind? It’s quick and easy to let us know. Just click here to send us their contact info! http://maverick1000.com/referral/ )
1. Charitable giving and support
Certain Maverick Business Adventures trips are designated as IMPACT trips, as they focus on a significant charitable giving component. For example:
- Right now, your fellow Mavericks are working with Sir Richard Branson on his gorgeous private island (Necker Island) to help raise over $200,000 in a single week for Virgin Unite. Sir Richard’s dedication to revolutionizing the way businesses and the social sector work together shines brightly through Virgin Unite, driving business as a force for good. This is perhaps the most effective way for business founders and industry experts to address the scale and urgency of the challenges facing the world today.
- As you’ve seen in this month’s newsletter, Member #35 Doug Doebler’s vision for bringing Caring House Project Foundation (CHPF) together with Maverick1000 culminated in a Maverick IMPACT trip to Haiti this month. In addition to helping local communities through education and inspiration, each person on this trip funded the construction of an entire family home!
- In September 2011, our first-ever Philanthropic Adventure & Vision trip to support the Village Enterprise Fund takes place in Uganda. Of course anyone can schedule a safari or adventure trip, but only Mavericks arrive to impact their surroundings. Your direct connections with Ugandan micro-entrepreneurs will be some of the most powerful, impactful experiences of your life—and that’s on top of the incredible adventures and experiences lined up for you in Africa! Definitely sign up for this trip—it’s absolutely guaranteed to change your life. Click here for all the details: http://maverickbusinessadventures.com/experiences/uganda
2. Business sessions with young entrepreneurs
On many Maverick adventures (including this year’s Iceland and Baja trips), we organize workshops and mentoring sessions with the local children and young adults. This means that in addition to the incredible adventures and connections of each Maverick trip, we set aside time to teach the next generation of entrepreneurs. This allows us to make a major impact on localized areas that normally don’t have the resources or real-life successful examples to learn business principles from. This means when you sign up for Baja to race across the dessert in an open-class buggy—and Iceland for the thrill of ice-climbing glaciers and diving between tectonic plates—keep in mind these trips also include a fantastic opportunity to help young people forge their own paths to entrepreneurial success!
3. Virtual Mentorship Platform
The Maverick1Million.org mission is to help 1,000,000 young entrepreneurs aged 13-23 in starting their own business—or enhancing their existing businesses. Now, you can start working with young entrepreneurs as a virtual mentor inside of the Maverick1Million.org mentorship platform. Here, you can add your expert content and answer questions from young entrepreneurs, who dream of achieving success like yours. You can even share your own business ideas through the incubator for these “Mavericks in the making” to run with! So many of you have rich educational materials to share, in the form of videos, books, articles, services, tools, interviews…the list goes on. (We put nothing past you!)
Sign up now for access to this powerful portal at http://www.maverick1million.org/